The Alchemist by Paul Coelho

You are here: Home Forums Entertainment & Leisure Books! The Alchemist by Paul Coelho

• Creator
    Topic
  • #1121 Reply

Wumi
    Peacemaker
    @wumi

This book came highly recommended from a friend. It could be an enjoyable read if you ignore the sometimes disjointed prose. Here’s a very popular quote from the book:

And, when you want something, all theĀ universe conspiresĀ in helping you to achieve it.

Two things I took away from the book:

1. The journey to find myself is necessary. Through the rigours of education, corporate ladder climbing, and the search for that thing I was born to excel at, I return to the idea(s), the innate leaning, the hobby, talent, or skill… my treasure! These lines from T.S. Eliot say it well:

We shall never cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we started
    And know the place for the first time.

2. The principle of alchemy, the arcane art of transforming base metals into gold, is alive and well. Everyday people turn ordinary things to treasure. It’s what the businessman, farmer, artist, app developer, tailor, writer, and everyone who creates value in this world does. And that’s not by practicing occultism, I think it’s ability God gave us from the beginning.

More reviews? Go to Goodreads.

Reply To: The Alchemist by Paul Coelho
Your information: