REPENTANCE

You are here: Home Forums General REPENTANCE

• Creator
    Topic
  • #1277 Reply

Olumuyiwa K-Os

God’s love for us is eternal.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Not even sin separates us from the love of God. Yes! He loved us even when we were yet sinners.

Our sin separates us from the PRESENCE of God.

Because of His undying love, He calls us to repentance so that His presence will ALWAYS be with us. That’s the reason, Jesus went to the cross.

The One who loves us eternally wants to fellowship with us eternally. He wants to dwell with us eternally. And it’s for our own good!

Because our flesh will always wrestle with our spirit in our love-walk with God & depending on our growth level, we may fall sometimes for the fleshly desires, REPENTANCE is a MUST for the soul who loves God and truly seeks to obey and please Him.

Repentance lifts you up. It never keeps you down.

Repentance restores us to God’s presence.

Repentance restores our end of the “salvation contract”. God’s end is eternal. He never fails. But us! We mess up from time to time. But being a loving God, He created a way for us towards restoration. That way is REPENTANCE.

“For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.”
    ‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭7:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Good morning y’all!

• Author
    Replies
  • #1288 Reply

Olumuyiwa K-Os
    Participant
    @olumuyiwa-k-os

Let’s look at it this way with this example: We find ourselves falling ill several times and going to the doctor for treatment and we return healed, everytime. Because we have been going several times, we start feeling guilty about returning to the doctor. Meanwhile, the doctor says his doors are always open to us, he doesn’t judge us for falling ill. Rather, he’s super excited to see us come to him for treatment instead of resorting to self-medication. Self-medication is dangerous to us, he tells us. He also says it’s his job to treat and heal us. He tells us he already knows we are susceptible to falling ill. He’s aware of the different kinds of exposure. He charges us nothing because someone already paid all our bills before we even got ill.

It will be foolishness on our part to still say to ourselves when we get ill again that we no longer want to go to this doctor, right? If we choose to not go for our treatment with the doctor, then we would have made one of these 2 choices:

1. To take self-medication (and we know this can be dangerous)

2. To die in the illness

Both choices lead to death, right?

In essence, repentance is like going to our Doctor for treatment so we can avoid the consequence of death (in the spirit & soul especially, for we know the wages of sin is death).

The devil, the father of lies, would like us to believe that God tires of our repentance. But it’s a lie! A big lie.

God is hugely interested in ensuring that the bridge between us and Him remains intact. It doesn’t matter how many times repair works are done.

We must never feel guilty for repenting.

Having said that, we must ask for the help of the Holy Spirit to have a continuous renewing of our minds so that we can grow and conquer some sins permanently.

Yet, we must remember that the process of growth is a continuous one until we have our last breathe. Therefore, our dependence on the Holy Spirit for help is continuous until our last breathe.

Hope this helps.

• #1291 Reply

Wumi
      Peacemaker
      @wumi

This sure helps. I can relate to your analogy. Very interesting. You’re right about opening up to the Holy Spirit to help us overcome the stumbling block of recurring sin, even the process of coming to repentance will be by His help. This christian walk is all by faith, and by God’s grace.

I think repentance, renewing of our minds, and maturing in Christ are deep themes we should keep on the front burner at all times. There’s more to gain from your initial post and this response, I’m going to read both of them again.

• #1279 Reply

Wumi
    Peacemaker
    @wumi

I appreciate this timely post, @Olumuyiwa K-Os. Having an attitude of continuous repentance helps to prevent one’s heart from becoming calloused or insensitive, for it to remain a heart of flesh. There are times the guilt of sin leads one away instead of toward God – that feeling that God must be tired of my repentance for the same sin over and over again. What should I do if I ever get into this sort of jam again? It’s not a hypothetical question o, I ask for myself and for others who can relate. Thanks again for sharing.

Reply To: REPENTANCE
Your information: